We love pumpkin for pregnancy! And it’s so easy to cook up a yummy treat that you can pull from the fridge and eat as a snack or dessert. Pumpkin is packed with vitamin A, vitamin C, magnesium and other minerals; is full of fibre; and it said to help with blood-sugar regulation if it has a low to medium glycemic index! Plus adding gelatin helps in fluidity, try observing your bowel movements!
Frisomum Creamy Pumpkin Pudding
⅔ cup peeled and cubed pumpkin
1 sachet unflavoured gelatine
½ cup water
⅓ cup muscovado (unrefined, brown) sugar
1/8 cup condensed milk
4 scoops Frisomum Gold
⅓ cup creamed corn (or “cream-style” corn)
1 cup muesli or granola
1. Boil the pumpkin until fork tender.
2. Tip out excess water from boiling the pumpkin, leaving ½ cup. Sprinkle gelatine into the pumpkin and water, and leave for 2-3 minutes.
3. Heat up the pumpkin, water and gelatine to almost boiling and stir until the gelatine is completely dissolved.
4. Put in the pumpkin, water and gelatine mixture into a blender, with the sugar, condensed milk.
5. Add in Frisomum.
6. Purée till smooth.
7. Add in the creamed corn and mix.
8. Pour into containers and refrigerate until completely set.
9. Serve with muesli/granola on top. Enjoy!
Brought to you by: Friso - Strong inside to experience more together