1. Congratulations on #2 — are you hoping for a boy or a girl?Thank you for the well wishes, I do not know the gender yet as, in Taiwan, [the doctor] can only reveal the gender later.
2. How is your pregnancy experience this time around — are you experiencing more or fewer symptoms?
The pregnancy is going well but I do feel tired more easily as I have to manage AJ and move to our new house in Taipei...
3. Are you doing anything differently with this baby than with Alex Junior?
I guess it’s the same, taking it easy and eating whatever I want!
4. Do you have an action plan for coping with your two?
Not being afraid to ask for help if needed and not try doing everything on my own! Any volunteers [to help me]? Haha! I’m afraid I’m the sole caregiver when Alex is at work and vice versa if I’m at work; we are very hands-on parents.
5. How are you preparing Alex junior for his sibling? Is he excited?AJ is still trying to get used to the idea of it, even though we have been telling him so.
6. Who’s the disciplinarian?
Inevitably throughout the parenting process, it turns out to be me! I believe in teaching good values and building a good foundation.
7. Who’s your parenting guru?
My sisters and my close girlfriends
8. What’s your favourite activity with Alex junior?
That would be reading bedtime stories with AJ so he sleeps after! Then I can have my ME time! Hahahaha!
9. How has having Alex junior changed your life? How do you anticipate #2 changing things even more?
Well, you became a better person, I guess, more tolerant and sympathetic towards others. I must admit I didn’t know how to deal with babies or kids before I had AJ, now I am pretty confident! Having #2 would mean more laughter or screams in the house then… Haha! I am glad AJ has company.
10. What’s Alex junior’s personality?
AJ is an active and happy boy in general. His favourite food, I guess, would be bread. And his favourite books would be those that have cars in them — and of course, Thomas the Tank Engine.
11. What’s the one thing you want to be remembered for?
Um… Being a good actress and a loving mother?
12. How do you manage “couple time” with Alex (senior)?
When AJ sleeps, that is when we have our couple time. Occasionally we go to the movies or have late supper.
13. What does Alex senior most like to do with Alex junior?
Bring him for walks around the estate, and singing to him!
14. What projects are you currently working on?
No projects on hand currently due to family commitments…
Yvonne Lim, 39, is mum to Alex junior, 19 months, and has just moved with husband Alex Tien, 36, to Taiwan.