Vegetables – we all know it’s good for us, yet it’s not the first thing we order off the menu. If you’re tired of nagging the little ones to “eat your veggies”, then maybe it’s time to change your tune. It’s all in the presentation as kids are instantly attracted by bright colours and fun shapes. Surprise your sweetie with this quick spinach soup recipe and he might surprise you right back by asking for seconds!
- ½ cup Friso Gold Stage 4 formula milk
- 4 tbsps blanched and puréed spinach
- 1 tbsp wheat flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsps fresh cream
- 1 piece flat bread
- Melt butter in a non-stick pan.
- Add wheat flour and sauté well for two minutes.
- Stir in spinach purée and cook for two to three minutes.
- Add milk and remove from heat before the mixture starts to bubble.
- Pour the soup into a bowl,
- Pour fresh cream into a squeeze bottle and use it to decorate the soup with an “appetizing” word.
- Serve with flat bread cut out in the shape of an alligator. Garnish with mini-marshmallows and raisins to make the “eyes”, then serve!
Brought to you by Friso – Natural on nutrient. Easy on tummy.
Check out other fun SmartParents videos here.
And don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube Channel if you haven’t already!
You may also like…