Eating with your loved ones is a wonderful way to experience more together with the family. However, if you are pregnant, eating well is even more important to help you meet the needs of your growing baby as well as provide nourishment for yourself.
However, eating for two doesn’t mean eating twice as much. Not sure how much is too much? Here’s a simple food guide to follow…
• Grilled salmon fillet.
• Two poached/hardboiled eggs.
• Medium-sized sirloin steak — marinate in a mixture of soy sauce, lime juice and garlic and cook until well done.
• Chicken fillet strips — stir-fry with ginger, shallots, coriander, garlic, soy sauce and lemon juice.
• 140g cooked tuna steak — eat no more than two portions of oily fish per week.
• One baked potato.
• Two slices whole-meal toast with butter.
• A handful of boiled new potatoes.
• A bowl of brown rice.
• A bowl of whole-wheat noodles.
• Handful of cherry tomatoes (cook in an oven tray with salmon).
• Handful of green beans. Handful of wilted spinach.
• Handful of watercress.
• Salad made with sugar snap peas, red pepper and carrot strips, plus a tablespoon of capers.
• Salad with watercress and baby leaf spinach.